POSITION: Pharmacy Technician
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Must be able to work in Waltham and Brighton Locations.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Pharmacist; Associate Director of Pharmacy
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
* Fill new medications in orders, refills, and renewals for the JMSCHC Pharmacy clients.
* Restock shelves in the dispensing areas as stock replacement for the pick stations.
* Credit client medications that are returned.
* Check for outdated medications.
* Prepares prescription for shipping.
* Coordinates shipment of prescription orders.
* Help pharmacists in training new technicians and cross training other technicians.
* Make recommendations to the Pharmacist as to how methods and procedures can be improved.
* Ability to help other whenever and where ever there is a backlog.
* Being accurate, fast, knowledgeable, thorough and complete in ones work.
* Willingness to learn new responsibilities.
* Answer telephone calls in a timely, professional manner.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Eligible for certification, must pass the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam, within 90 days of hire.
* Must be flexible and be able to work different schedules to meet client and pharmacy needs.
* Demonstrate competent working knowledge of participating workers compensation plans.
* Be able to work in fast-paced environment.
* Possess ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
* Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills in Spanish and English.
* Must be organized and able to prioritize tasks.
* Certified Pharmacy Technician licensed by passing the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam.
* Prior experience with and detailed knowledge of OTC drugs and laws governing OTC drugs.
* Prior experience with and detailed knowledge of the Pharmacy Technician Procedures.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred
Associated topics: antibody, bacteria, biopharma, disease, food, immunoassay, medical, medicine, microbiological, nephrology