DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.Position Description Summary:
Responsible for performing the administrative tasks involved in internal traffic control. Maintains logs for shipments and files packaging slips. Prepares and processes shipping and storage paperwork and documentation. Coordinates the off-site, temporary storage of certain shipments. Prepares freight package quotes and updates vendor audit information. Expedites critical shipments as required. Interfaces with vendors to ensure timely shipment to the customer. Provides general information to personnel regarding company procedures.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Rate, route, and facilitate the movement of shipments to meet the service requirements as requested by the customer
* Manifest consolidations and air bills. Maintain filing of air bills and manifest
* Communicate with customers and coworkers to facilitate the movement of freight and associated paperwork
* Accurately input and retrieve information from computer terminal
* Read, decode, and decipher freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracking process
* Distribute alerts and messages to appropriate personnel
* Dispatch drivers to customers and airlines
* Prepare shipment for delivery. Assist in the processing of delivery receipts
* Assist in tracing missing inbound and outbound freight
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is an intermediate level position. Good interpersonal skills required. High school diploma or equivalent required. Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience. Must be able to lift up to sixty pounds in standing, bending, and rotating motions; and sit for extended periods of time.