- Ducommun Incorporated
2430 Madison 2340
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Description Material Handler 1Job DescriptionDUCOMMUN INC.JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title:
Material Handler 1 Job Code:
Electronic Systems Group # Employees Supervised:
Department Manager or Supervisor FSLA Status:
Nonexempt Job Summary & Essential Functions:
Maintain the flow of material from receiving to storage to production to shipping.
Skills & Qualifications Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Prepare and provide proper documentation.
- Pull material from stock to provide the material necessary for an assigned job.
- Electronically transact materials to update the business system.
- Receive all incoming material, opening packages and crates; checking material for visible damage.
- Verify parts and part numbers against packing list to ensure accuracy. Notify supervisor of all discrepancies.
- Deliver items to incoming quality inspection, if applicable, and all other material to proper storage areas.
- Deliver the parts to the designated work centers or staging areas, ensuring timely response to any deadlines or ship dates.
- Handle, store, pack, label, and distribute material using proper techniques to ensure no damage to the material as well as to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Rearrange storage area as necessary to accommodate varying parts, components and finished stock while maintaining storage area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform daily cycle counting to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Prepare and package products to ship, building special packaging to support various products which require special handling per customer specifications and quality workmanship standards.
- Support the first in first out practices while storing all inventory items.
- Adhere to the General Requirements of Team Members
- Perform other assignments as required
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary): Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
- Basic computer skills (working knowledge of MRP systems, Excel, and Word)
- Ability to operate forklift truck
- Ability to operate equipment required to pack and move products
- Knowledge of proper techniques for lifting and carrying
- Abilities listed in the General Requirements of Team Members
Stand - Frequently 10 lbs or less - Frequently
Walk - Frequently 11-20 lbs - Frequently
Sit - Frequently 21-50 lbs - Occasionally
Climb - N/A 51-100 lbs - Occasionally
Crawl - N/A Over 100 lbs - N/A
Squat or Kneel - Occasionally
Bend - Frequently Push / Pull
Fine Manipulation - N/A 10 lbs or less - Frequently
Reach Outward - Occasionally 10-20 lbs - Frequently
Reach Above Shoulder - Occasionally 20-50 lbs - Occasionally
Drive - Occasionally 50-100 lbs - Occasionally
Over 100 lbs - N/AN/A (Not Applicable) -
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.Occasionally -
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 - 2.5 hrs/day).Frequently -
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day).Constantly -
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day). Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months to 1 year experience preferred
403 LaBarge Avenue
Huntsville, Arkansas, 72740
Associated topics: associate, entry level, forklift operator, logistics, logistics engineer, logistics support, operator night, servicer, warehouse, warehouse support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.