Job Description Material Handler 1Job DescriptionDUCOMMUN INC.JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title:
Material Handler 1 Job Code:
Electronic Systems Group # Employees Supervised:
Department Manager or Supervisor FSLA Status:
Nonexempt Job Summary & Essential Functions:
Maintain the flow of material from receiving to storage to production to shipping.
Skills & Qualifications Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Prepare and provide proper documentation.
- Pull material from stock to provide the material necessary for an assigned job.
- Electronically transact materials to update the business system.
- Receive all incoming material, opening packages and crates; checking material for visible damage.
- Verify parts and part numbers against packing list to ensure accuracy. Notify supervisor of all discrepancies.
- Deliver items to incoming quality inspection, if applicable, and all other material to proper storage areas.
- Deliver the parts to the designated work centers or staging areas, ensuring timely response to any deadlines or ship dates.
- Handle, store, pack, label, and distribute material using proper techniques to ensure no damage to the material as well as to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Rearrange storage area as necessary to accommodate varying parts, components and finished stock while maintaining storage area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform daily cycle counting to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Prepare and package products to ship, building special packaging to support various products which require special handling per customer specifications and quality workmanship standards.
- Support the first in first out practices while storing all inventory items.
- Adhere to the General Requirements of Team Members
- Perform other assignments as required
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary): Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
- Basic computer skills (working knowledge of MRP systems, Excel, and Word)
- Ability to operate forklift truck
- Ability to operate equipment required to pack and move products
- Knowledge of proper techniques for lifting and carrying
- Abilities listed in the General Requirements of Team Members
Stand - Frequently 10 lbs or less - Frequently
Walk - Frequently 11-20 lbs - Frequently
Sit - Frequently 21-50 lbs - Occasionally
Climb - N/A 51-100 lbs - Occasionally
Crawl - N/A Over 100 lbs - N/A
Squat or Kneel - Occasionally
Bend - Frequently Push / Pull
Fine Manipulation - N/A 10 lbs or less - Frequently
Reach Outward - Occasionally 10-20 lbs - Frequently
Reach Above Shoulder - Occasionally 20-50 lbs - Occasionally
Drive - Occasionally 50-100 lbs - Occasionally
Over 100 lbs - N/AN/A (Not Applicable) -
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.Occasionally -
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 - 2.5 hrs/day).Frequently -
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day).Constantly -
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day). Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months to 1 year experience preferred
403 LaBarge Avenue
Huntsville, Arkansas, 72740
Associated topics: crane, forklift, forklift operator, loader, logistics agent, logistics intern, palletizer, unloading, warehouse, warehouse support
Associated topics: clerk, crane, forklift operator, handler, logistics engineer, operator night, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse technician, warehouseman