The primary function of a Dockworker is to efficiently sort, handle, load and unload freight into over-the-road equipment, in accordance with oral and written instructions, as well as federal and state regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Load and unload cargo, with or without supplemental aids.
* The work may include tasks such as rolling 600 pound drums into place and overhead loading of freight weighing as much as 80 pounds.
* Uses good judgment to load and secure freight in such a way that the trailer can be operated safely and efficiently over the road to prevent damages.
* Properly and efficiently completes all necessary paperwork required by law, regulation or Company policy.
* Verifies the load against the shipping papers, noting in writing any overages, shortages or damages.
* Comprehends and complies with hazardous materials regulations and emergency responses.
* Communicates with supervision regularly to report conditions.
* Sweeps or cleans up dock and equipment.
* Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively.
* Must accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations necessary to do the work.
* Has a satisfactory past work and history record that shows no indication that applicant cannot reasonable fulfill duties of the job.
* Is able to understand and implement safe, efficient freight handling and lifting procedures.
* Is able to work on non-forgiving surfaces and/or in adverse weather conditions at times.
* Is able to operate a fork lift and other freight handling equipment when required.
* Can perform the work required in a timely manner and maintain adequate production in order to meet service schedules.
* Passes a Company-administered physical performance test
Reddaway is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Associated topics: crane, entry level, forklift, logistics engineer, operator night, picker, warehouse, warehouse engineer, warehouse intern, warehouse technician