Please attend one of our open hire events once you have completed an online application.
+ Tuesday, March 5 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
+ Wednesday, March 6 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
LOCATION: 1701 Morris Avenue, Union NJ 07083
The Specialist, Delivery Lead is responsible for the efficient delivery of all customer products and will lead and direct the Delivery Specialists. This position is responsible for hands on training of new Delivery Specialists as well as the ongoing monitoring and follow-up of all route drivers. This position will place a strong emphasis on customer service and organization as well as the ability to direct the work of others. The Lead Delivery Specialist should be familiar with route balancing as well as other system functions in RACE, MS Word and MS Excel. May be responsible for Desktop Delivery Specialist
1. Provide training and coaching to new and existing Delivery Specialists. Provide technical training and problem solving resources. Provides input for performance reviews
2. Assist management with vehicle safety and building security issues. Allocates resources to insure timely deliveries as defined by customer requirements and expectations
3. Communicate customer feedback to appropriate supervisory personnel
4. Develop and contribute ideas and suggestions for operational improvements utilizing LEAN practices
5. Ensure the proper completion of all required paperwork
6. Assist management with route design, balancing and dispatch, including training and follow up of driver and vehicle safety as well as State and Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance
7. Assume supervisory functions in the absence of direct manager or supervisor
8. Assist with delivery operations as a route back-up driver, when necessary
9. Adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures
10. Perform driver safety checks as needed, for follow up and or retraining
11. Participate in Safety Committee and conduct Tier 1 meetings
12. Assist in meeting with new customers and for onsite visits
* High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred* Minimum 3 years experience in related field* At least two years Delivery experience preferred. Supervisory or Leadership experience preferred. Knowledge of systems, tools, and or processes in delivery environment preferred.* CDL may be needed in states where required* Computer skills preferred* Valid driver license* Clean driving record* Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), only required for operating delivery vehicle exceeding 26,000 lb. Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)* Department of Transportation (DOT) qualification* Familiarity with computer and other transportation systems preferred, GIS computer programs preferred* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the English language (English competency)* Ability to represent the company professionally when making customer deliveries.* Have good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, customer service, productivity, etc* Basic product knowledge* Knowledge of operation of power/mobile equipment* Ability to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division* Geographical knowledge of the delivery service area* Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values* Ability to transport single cartons up to 75 pounds as needed (75lbs industry standard?)* Ability to use manual pallet jacks to transport pallets of products up to 2,500 pounds* Ability to work in all seasons due to varied climates* Repetitive lifting and/or carrying of products and or merchandise, repetitive climbing in and out of vehicle Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time, continuous walking including stairs* Ability to read and understand a map* Ability to up sell* Maintain a professional appearance
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Associated topics: contract, customer, facility, procure, procurement, proposal, purchase, saving, shipping, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.