The Group Logistics Manager is typically responsible for multiple customer logistics accounts or one large customer account. It will include the management and improvement of services provided to customers, as well as the development and implementation of customer performance measurements.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Logistics or Transportation or eight years equivalent work experience is required
* A minimum of 7 (seven) years logistics (or materials) and transportation experience with a major carrier, dedicated contract or shipper is required
* A minimum of 3 (three) years of supervisory experience is required
* The candidate must possess demonstrated experience in developing complete logistics product plans and their implementation, project management, facilitation, and communication skills
* Knowledge of shipping and receiving preferred
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
* Management of one or more customer accounts, lifecycle, and extending existing products where feasible, safety issues, profit and loss responsibility, directing the assessment, development, launch and continuous improvement activities related to specific business or product category and day-to-day customer interface and operation of on-site manager
* Supervision, development, and performance management of assigned employees and the maintenance of a positive employee relations environment at assigned locations
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Associated topics: analyst, director, generalist, lead, leader, logistics specialist, supply chain, rep, warehouse management, warehouse specialist