An integral part of the Production Center team, the Production Center Associate is responsible for producing and finishing large, high quality copy and print orders for an array of customers. Utilizing high end equipment, they must multi-task to deliver their work on time, by meeting and exceeding customer service standards and executing the Production Center Workflow and Quality Assurance Process.
Digital Print Production:
* Follows production workflow to produce high volumes of work, using high end digital printer/copier equipment; Operate of variety of finishing equipment including cutters, drills and bindery.
* Effectively prepare and troubleshoot various files formats and change to PDF print-ready status.
* Responsible for the insuring that all work produced is in accordance with the job ticket and customer's quality expectations.
* Run orders on time while maximizing the machines productivity.
* Properly use and care for all equipment in compliance with operating instructions; use machine log/call list and escalation process to schedule machine and equipment maintenance.
* Follow policies & procedures; Ensure a clean and organized facility; Follow safety precautions
* Packages finished products for shipping
* May serve as back up driver
* Utilizes production tools to monitor progress of production, confers with production center personnel
* Works with PC Lead/Expert and PC Specialist to alter the production schedule and job order to expedite timely processing of projects in accordance with the customers' requirements and Staples production center standards.
* Maintains log of projects in production and updates this log daily to reflect current project
* Attention to detail a must; Sound organizational skills
* Experience managing multiple priorities
* Ability to read & interpret instructions, identify problems/missing information and address them proactively
* Basic computer skills a must
* Knowledge of copy and print
* Experience working in a print environment
* Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite, Publisher.
* Experience using technology to open a disk, CD, Zip and print a document in the formats listed above.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.