High School Diploma is required.
Position Summary: Receives, delivers and restocks hospital supplies for patient care areas in house and ancillary buildings. Uses computerized material system to enter restocking of inventories and patient care supplies. Key Responsibilities:
* Tracks incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and verify against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records; examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and documents findings.
* Prepares material for shipment; weighs and stamps packages.
* Assists in loading and unloading trucks.
* Distributes or delivers incoming items to appropriate department or stores items in stockroom.
* Operates material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, dollies and other related equipment.
* Participates in routine, periodic inventories, counting and recording stock items.
* Tags new stock with prices or other identifying information.
* Signs for incoming shipments as received.
* Fills orders and issues materials and supplies per requests; documents transactions according to established procedure.
* Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects
Skill in following both verbal and written instructions
Education: High school diploma or equivalent Experience: Materials Handling, Shipping and Receiving Experience preferred.