Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Riverside
Zip Code: 92518
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0More information about this job: OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.POSITION SUMMARY:
Facilitate the efficient and timely delivery of customer orders through use of Roadnet software package and associated utilities in the generation of best possible route solutions. In addition, a router is responsible for creating routes that adhere to hours of service and weight laws and regulations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routing of all legitimate customer orders in the most efficient way possible for multiple shipping facilities while under constant time and accuracy constraints while adhering to established procedures, protocols and customer commitments
- Plans routes. This includes integrating new customers into existing routes, determining where new routes and shuttle yards are needed and planning for necessary route adjustments due to seasonality
- Analyzes existing routes for opportunities to reduced, miles, delivery days and hours to improve cost control and consistency of deliveries. Performs standard route maintenance to capture these changes
- Schedules drivers on a daily and or weekly basis to remain within overtime guidelines and hours of service laws and regulations including adjustments for volume and holidays. Also, maintain and provide accurate daily loading and door information for warehouse department
- Plans and prepares meetings and presentations for sales management and the executive staff to communicate proposed service areas and expense control opportunities
- Ensures compliance to DOT and other applicable regulations.
- Maintains Roadnet system
- Prepares reports for sales and management.
- Creates proposals for transportation management to improve efficiency, customer service, and safety.
Preferred Qualifications:Professional Skills:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Excel)
- Analytical/Mathematical Skills
- Accuracy, reliability and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Professional Skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software and ability to learn Sysco software and programs. Working knowledge of Federal Moto Carrier Safety Regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 65,000 associates, the company operates approximately 300 distribution facilities across the globe and serves more than 500,000 customer locations. For fiscal year 2017 that ended July 1, 2017, the company generated sales of more than $55 billion.
Associated topics: answer, call center, customer, customer service representative, help desk, phone call, representative, service representative, support specialist, trouble resolution