Job ID :
US - Kansas - Lenexa
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Microbiology Division here at Thermo Fisher Scientific where you will get to work with products that make a difference in a distribution setting. Our Warehouse Workers are responsible for accurate picking, packing and shipping of customer orders. Be a company advocate for continuous improvement.
What will you do?
* Gather and scan products from storage coolers per order process typically reaching up to but not limited to 84 inches high, grasping and gripping.
* Pack and arrange products onto pallets or into varied package sizes.
* Work cooperatively with co-workers and efficiently with little supervision, communicating verbally or in writing any discrepancies as needed.
* Obtain, stack and place product on shelves, load/unload courier trucks or assist in warehouse as needed both in cooler (32 degrees Fahrenheit) and Dry Warehouse which is climate controlled year round.
* Lift up to 50 pounds on a consistent basis
* Walk and stand up to six (4) hours at a time, up to 12 hours a day, with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist.
* Accurately and legibly complete company and carrier documentation.
* Push or pull products on a cart, weight of up to 250 pounds to push and 250 pounds to pull.
* Push pallet jack with weight up to 1200 pounds.
* Load refrigerated trailer trucks with pallets of products.
* Maintain department and work area to 5S housekeeping standards
* Listen to and follow written and verbal instructions given in the English language.
* Report any actual or potential safety hazards to management.
* Be an active participant in continuous improvement activities
* Read, understand and utilize both RF scanners and computers
* Complete work as dictated by customer needs beyond normal shift hours, willingness to volunteer for other areas/shifts.
* Utilize fork lift/power industrial trucks safely, when/if required.
* In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
How will you get here?
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Possess basic knowledge of English and math and ability to read.
* Ability to navigate and understand basic computer programs
* Work in environment with temperature down to 32 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 40 hours per week with overtime potential.
* Heavy lifting, walk and standing with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist with occasional climbing on footstool.
* Working in a cave environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission?enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: associate, handler, intern, loader, logistics engineer, palletizer, supply chain, trainee, unloading, warehouse agent