Transportation Coordinator-Seattle, WA
The Transportation Coordinator (TC) plays a crucial role in the overall day-to-day freight management of shipments and or assigned shipping accounts. It is essential for this position to a) establish motor carrier and customer relationships, b) be effective in soliciting motor carriers to haul shipments and soliciting customers for transportation opportunities, and c) working well both individually and in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Brokering transportation shipments
* Securing motor carrier capacity to handle shipments
* Carrier rate negotiations
* Shipment tracking and tracing
* Customer communications
* Carrier communications
* Soliciting new shipping customers
* Freight solicitation and sales
* Cold calling potential customers from company call list or self-generated call list
* Email marketing
* Customer spot pricing
* Sustain customer relationships and assist in customer growth
* Insure proper and sufficient communication is provided as it relates to;
* Customer payment issues
* Operational issues, potential issues, or any foreseen issues
* Pricing concerns
* Customer (current and potential) needs
* Any inabilities Watco Supply Chain Services may face
* Other Watco operating units' inquiries
* Insure Watco Supply Chain Services' operating procedures and protocol are adhered to
* Deliver cost effective solutions that always keeps the long term interest of the customer as the first priority
* Ensure performance to the branch's annual goals and objectives
* Play critical role in efforts to ensure service focus, morale, team work, and a positive culture is built and maintained with in the branch
* Other duties as necessary
* Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
* College degree preferred
* 1 year transportation or supply chain related experience preferred
* Demonstrable problem resolution skills
* Strong organization, and time management skills
* Possess basic PC skills- Microsoft Excel, Word
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Ability to provide oral and written reports, business correspondence, and effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, team members, and managers
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associated topics: fleet, fleet management, handler, management, manager, manager trainee, service manager, supervisor, svce, union